Thursday, September 6, 2012

Caleb's Birthday!

Happy birthday to Caleb, happy birthday to Caleb....! One year older and wiser to, happy birthday to Caleb!


Here is the cake I made him. In my mind it was supposed to look a lot more epic, but the idea is still cool. It is supposed to look like the board game Settlers of Catan. The yellow represents wheat and is a yellow cake cupcake with frosting in the middle. The red represents brick and is cheesecake with a raspberry topping.  The light green represents sheep and is mint chocolate chip ice cream. The neon green is to represent forest and is a chocolate cupcake with green frosting. The white is to represent ore and is moose tracks ice cream. The blue represents water and is a blueberry yogurt pie. On top are white chocolate circles with numbers written in icing like the chips from the game. 

The cake took a long time to make because I had to make each different kind of cupcake, but it was delicious.



I also made Caleb a special birthday dinner of crockpot ribs, corn on the cob, and deviled eggs (which he made to show me since I didn't know how).


Lastly, here are his gifts. He did not get them until yesterday when we got back from Florida (more on that later), though I did tell him what I had ordered on his actual birthday. He was very patient and was pleased when he opened everything: Lots of Romney gear and expansions for two of our favorite games.







1 comment:

  1. So creative. What a lot of effort for a special birthday cake.

    ReplyDelete