Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sensory Play and Learning to Stand

 I follow several blogs that give ideas for playing with children. Several of them have recently talked about sensory play and introducing babies to different sensory experiences. 

Based on that idea, I put together this tray full of different kinds of balls, all different sizes and textures. Aleeyah enjoyed pushing them around the tray, picking them up, eating them, and dropping them. 



She also heard the different noises they make and I showed her which ones would bounce and which ones would not. 



















Recently, Aleeyah has been learning to pull herself up to a standing position on furniture. I told Caleb that he needed to be sure to make sure he pulled up the drop down side of the crib because we don't want her to fall out. While I was out running errands one day he called and said, "Remember when you told me that pretty soon we were going to have to be sure to put the side of the crib up? Well that that time is now." I thought she had fallen out, but luckily this is what he found when he went in the room. 






1 comment:

  1. Most drop down side cribs are ...I'm not sure what you call it...oh, recalled. So if you know who made the crib (there should be a sticker somewhere), you can call the company and ask (they sent me the stuff for free) to "edit" the crib to be a fixed side - which is now up to safety code....not that it matters, b/c some children (Ahem, Alee), figure out how to climb over the side regardless of its height. :)

    ReplyDelete