Thursday, September 6, 2012

Transcription Network and Kirtland, Ohio

Not too long ago, my mom's transcription company found out they are going to be given a 30% work level increase. She jokingly sent me an e-mail saying that I might have to come work for her. I laughed back, but when I really thought about it the more it sounded like a good idea. I worked for her during the summer when I was in high school and it is a good way for us to have an income while Caleb is still looking for a job. We talked about it and decided that Caleb and I would give it a try. We did about 8500 line in three weeks (in comparison my mom does about 20,000 a month) and the first few days were slow, so we are hoping to do more. Caleb really enjoys doing the reports from the mental hospital as it is good work experience for him, learning the medical terminology and drugs used, etc. Plus, we work as a good team, one works while the other plays with Aleeyah or helps around the house.  

Here are a few pictures of the new office chair and headphones we bought, along with the foot pedal we use to do transcription. (Excuse the mess in the background, we are still in the process of cleaning out Grandpa's room.)











As a treat the weekend before we started working, I whisked Caleb and Aleeyah off to a secret location, Kirtland, Ohio. Kirtland is a special place in the history of the Latter-day Saints. The first modern day temple was built here and it was one of the first gathering places for the early Saints. I have been to Kirtland on many occasions before but this was Caleb and Aleeyah's first visit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment